We believe that all disciples of Jesus are called to be faithful and fruitful in their lives and this must be outworked not only in terms of worship, fellowship and care, but also in terms of mission, through using God’s gifts in loving obedience.
We see our mission in terms of developing a process of disciple-making that will incorporate all and encourage Christian maturity in mission – by serving and witnessing – in the power of the Spirit.
Mission Priorities (“Our Calling“):
To proclaim and affirm our conviction of God’s love in Christ, for us and for all the world; and to show God’s presence and action in the world and in the Church.
To demonstrate this we give particular attention to the following:
- Supporting community development and action for justice, especially among the most deprived and poor – in Britain and worldwide.
- Developing confidence in ability to speak of God and faith in ways that make sense to all involved.
- Encouraging fresh ways of being Church.
- Nurturing a culture in the Church which is people-centred and flexible.
- Underpinning everything we do with God-centred worship and prayer